Primera, a leading regeneration consultancy, manages the contract for the Harley Street BID and this role, whilst being part of the Primera family, is specifically focused as a Place Making/Public Realm role for the Harley Street BID. This role will be based at the BID’s offices, 31 Queen Anne Street, London W1G 9HX.
You will be reporting to the BID Director and will be sourcing, developing, and implementing a range of exciting placemaking projects and services. The role is for a fixed term to 31 March 2027 in line with the BID renewal process and subject to a successful re-ballot.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Development of the public realm strategy for the next 5 years and beyond.
- Commissioning and leading research to influence and inform strategic thinking on the future of the West End and the eastern side of Marylebone in particular.
Project management and delivery:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of project governance, reporting and control structures, with issues, risks and decisions escalated through the agreed current internal and partnership arrangements as appropriate.
- Investigating and undertaking applications for additional funding from various sources supporting our public realm agenda.
- Coordinating with the BID Director on setting, measuring, and reporting on key performance indicators.
- Management of public realm projects including the curation and activation of the spaces.
- Development of illuminations and activation of under used spaces.
- Looking at lighting opportunities and place management schemes.
- Investigation of click and collect schemes.
- Consideration of improvements for air quality schemes.
- Development and implementation of improved wayfinding tools.
- To work with WCC and TfL and relevant stakeholders to commission key public realm projects to ensure their delivery to time, quality and within budget.
- Work with our businesses on freight and waste consolidation and the promotion of active travel in the area.
- Drafting and presenting well written and timely reports for relevant boards.
- Managing the public realm steering group and associated key theme.
- Influencing design, management and activation approaches to key placemaking projects across the footprint.
- Working with marketing team to ensure members and key stakeholders are continuously and fully briefed on key projects.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Professionally qualified and experienced in a relevant discipline (public realm designer, transport planner, civil engineer for example).
- A good understanding of public realm design principles and processes.
- Qualified and experienced in the planning and delivery of complex projects.
- Experienced in risk management.
- Experienced in the management of suppliers.
- Experience of managing project and programme budgets.
- High levels of written and verbal communication, advocacy and influencing skills appropriate for a complex and dynamic stakeholder environment.
- Knowledge of Business Improvement Districts purpose and legal context.
- Good knowledge and understanding of project and programme management methodologies and their practical application in a transport setting.
- Good knowledge and understanding of project controls tools and techniques.
- Good knowledge and understanding of project budgeting, procurement processes and contract management in a project setting.
- Understanding of local authority elected Member committee and Cabinet Member approvals.
- A good understanding of the appropriate legal frameworks including, planning, highways, environmental, transport, health and safety and construction and design management.
- A good understanding of construction materials and processes
- Knowledge of acquiring additional funding through relevant streams to help support the budgets or understanding what funding is available for particular public realm work
Experience (2 – 3 years minimum)
- Experience of working on public realm projects
- Experience of working with senior managers in both the public and private sectors.
- Proven record of taking personal responsibility and accountability for delivery of projects, where there are multiple interfaces, and delivering to time, budget and quality.
- Personal responsibility and accountability for leading and managing projects
- Experience of managing performance and delivery through external contractors and/or suppliers.
- Leading and delivering change at management level.
Equality & Diversity
We value equal opportunities and diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
The selection process for shortlisted candidates will include a panel interview and may include a presentation.
Please send a covering letter, a statement setting out examples of your skills and experience against the role of the job and skills required (no more than 2 sides of A4) and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Thursday 28th July 2022.
For further information relating to the Harley Street BID, please see www.harleystreetbid.com