Working alongside an experienced Directors, Operations and Business Development team, applicants will be required to display a willingness to support the business on several fronts; to oversee all human resources operations and ensure they’re aligned with our company vision, goals and values.
HR people partner- The role
The role represents an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious candidate to have significant impact of an extremely fast-growing and high-profile business.
Based out of state-of-the-art offices within walking distance of Goodge Street and Oxford Circus, the successful candidate will join a culture where colleagues have a great respect for intellect and professionalism (candidates will be working with some of the world’s brightest and best after all) but who also promote a great sense of fun!
Working along side an experienced Directors, Operations and Business Development team, applicants will be required to display a willingness to support the business on several fronts; to oversee all human resources operations and ensure they’re aligned with our company vision, goals and values.
TITLE: HR People Partner
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Head of Operations
HOURS: 20-25 hours considered (Part-Time Role)
SALARY SCALE: £50-£65K FTE (Depending on experience) plus performance related bonus
Established in December 2018, OCL Vision was formed from the merger of 3 highly successful, world recognised eye surgeons offering our patients premium vision correction. We offer specialist consultations, diagnostics, laser eye surgery and lens surgical treatments from our flagship clinics in Central London and Hertfordshire.
Our mission is: To take personalised eye care to a new level of excellence and expertise and to be a model for collaborative working amongst the UK’s top consultant eye surgeons. To ensure the OCL Vision brand is synonymous with the best sub-specialist eye care available anywhere in the World and at the forefront of research into innovative technologies and techniques
As the company has grown, this post is a new role for a dedicated Head of HR/ people partner who will be responsible for all aspects of Human resource, talent management, equality and diversity.
Our ideal candidate should have solid experience with HR practices and employee management. You will communicate with the senior management team to express new ideas and suggest solutions, considering our company culture and values.
Ultimately, you should be able to act as a consultant on human resources management, organisational change, and talent management. Working closely with the Head of Operations, you will lead the implementation of initiatives to retain a talented best in class workforce, ensure compliance with regulations with the positive health and wellness of our staff and teams paramount.
Head of HR/ people partner Responsibilities:
Talent Management and Retention
- Support recruitment across the organisation and develop innovative ways to retain a talented workforce
- Lead induction and onboarding processes
- Put in place systems to support manager capability to enhance staff performance
- Support managers to ensure systems are in place for employees development and succession plans
- Manage internships and actively seek new opportunities to grow new talent
- Identify training needs for teams and individuals
- Evaluate existing training programs to ensure fit for purpose
- Maintain clear training matrix
- Deliver key HR initiatives across the HR spectrum, including workforce planning, restructuring, resourcing, talent management, succession planning, pay and reward, employee relations, employee engagement and performance management
- Develop avenues to obtain staff feedback and ensure data is used to drive improvement
- Structure compensation and benefit packages with Head of Operations
- Manage staff health and wellness initiatives
- Oversee all payroll processes to ensure staff are paid on time and correctly
- Build close working relationships with stakeholders across the business including administrative, finance, IT and clinical teams
- Lead by example to maintain positive staff relations
- Encourage openness and transparency within the workplace
- Support managers and team leaders with resolving personnel grievances providing expert guidance where required
- Maintain and improve positive relations between staff and employers
- Provide HR advice to employees and managers on a range of HR-related topics
- With the Senior leadership team, ensure up to date advice and support to resolve complex employee relations issues and address grievances
- Development/Implementation of KPI’s for the OCL workforce using trend and metric information to define root cause and design solutions to drive improvement
- Plan strategic HR initiatives and develop the HR agenda
- Develop HR strategies, policies, and practices and ensure policies and procedures are up to date
- Ensure company policies are legally compliant with external regulations
- Improve and monitor employee productivity, trends and metrics and evaluate staffing needs
- Work closely with management and employees to develop strategies to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Ensure key stakeholders are informed / consulted on relevant changes such as restructures, redundancies, and retirements
- Maintain a clear understanding of and providing up to date knowledge of the legal framework within which HR operates, developing HR policies in line with current legislation and keeping abreast of modern HR procedures and best practice.
- Take a proactive approach to risk management, ensuring risks and issues are identified, addressed, reported and, where appropriate, escalated.
- Conduct annual pay structure reviews and market research to ensure OCL salaries remain competitive
- Work closely with Head of Operations to develop medium to long term workforce strategies to meet the future needs of the business
Equality and Diversity
- Put systems in place to ensure everyone is treated fairly in all day-to-day activities and work-related decisions e.g. recruitment, training, promotion, allocating work and pay.
- Ensure the organisational culture continues to embrace people’s differences, as a diverse workforce is core to how we run our business.
- Responsible for creating, managing, and optimising all efforts related to making the workplace fair and a more-equitable environment for all employees.
- Ensure that all our policies and processes are current and compliant with appropriate best practice and the law. Enlist support from professionals where needed and keep abreast of any changes in the law that could affect us as a company
Please send your CV to email@example.com by February 28th 2023